The Beginning Of A New Chapter........
This is my story, starting of January 8, AD 2005. On this day, I, as well as many other Singaporean males of my age, will be enlisted into Singapore's National Service, a defense program where boys are trained to become men. Under the National Service laws, all able-bodied males of at least 18 years of age have to go for compulsory National Service, where they will be trained to become policemen in the Police Academy, Civil Defense forces.......or, as is the majority, shipped off to an island of the main island of Singapore.
That island, is Pulau Tekong. Where boys, in the process of being trained into soldiers to defend the nation, are also trained to become men. And now, it is my turn to undertake Basic Military Training in Pulau Tekong.
I have no idea how many people who will never have to serve National Service, actually know what it entails. Neither do I care, for it is not my job to enlighten them. All I want to do, is to note down my experiences, my thoughts, so that I, and perhaps others, can see them in the future. I will write my thoughts down in a diary that the Singapore Armed Forces have provided to every recruit in BMT, and on the weekends that I get to return to civilization, I will update this blog.
And so, it begins......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home