[A.Z.] The Tekong Chronicles

This is the life story of a young Singaporean male, still a boy, whose turn to serve his National Service in Pulau Tekong has come. This is his record of the journey, that will change him to what he was, a mere boy, to what he could be; a soldier, a protector, a man.

Saturday, January 22, 2005

January 10, 2005 (Day 3)

It really is amazing how, when you most think that they are irretrievable gone, your hidden resources suddenly returns to tide you through the tough times.

And so it is for me. In the space of one day, I had self-engineered a transformation from crying wimo who couldn't take the discipline of Pulau Tekong, to the person I was 3 years ago, with the skills and the nerves of a seasoned NCC cadet with the resources needed to cope with the challenges of military life at my fingertips. Just like that, the prospect of spending my time in Tekong didn't seem half as bad as it was. The food has become more to my liking, the discipline has become a mere routine, and the company, while still made up of crumb balls, have all turned out to be pretty nice crumb balls, although they could never replace the company I enjoyed with the girls, when I am at my happiess. Sorry guys :p

Well, for some reason, there hasn't been much activity over the last 2 days. It was pretty much all admin stuff and lectures, and hardly any physical toil at all. I suspect that's about to change tomorrow though, but well, I'll just take one day at a time, and hope that I would still have the energy to continue the Tekong Chronicles.

That is not to say i hadn't missed the aspect of my former life though. To be honest, family was rather absent in my thoughts, and what I thought about instead was the girls I knew and loved. I called EL yesteraday, and while our talk was nothing short of awkward for some reason (maybe because of the fact that I found out she had a boyfriend? If so, so what, I'm still going to continue bullying her :p), hearing her voice was good enough for me, and I could only appreciate it. Today I called AL, and at least the old camaderie and bantering between me and her (she always was kookier than me, and that's saying a lot), and......yeah. Maybe I'll call home again tomorrow, perhaps ST, and perhaps N. I have to let my sis know at least I'm starting to cope, let her know I'm no longer what I was on the 1st day too.

I have thought about my online buddies too, and chief amongst them is "Naomi Taylor", or what the others on the RP site we frequent nickname "NeNe". She and I were playing beaus on the character RP sit before I left, and well......I kinda feel bad leaving her alone, but it can't be helped. But I'll make it up to you, NeNe. I promise.

Anyway........that'll be all for now. Stay tuned for the next episode of "The Tekong Chronicles"!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home