[A.Z.] The Tekong Chronicles

This is the life story of a young Singaporean male, still a boy, whose turn to serve his National Service in Pulau Tekong has come. This is his record of the journey, that will change him to what he was, a mere boy, to what he could be; a soldier, a protector, a man.

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

March 9, 2005 (The Last Day)

Amazing how time flies, doesn't it?

It only seemed like yesterday that I first came into Tekong, as a civilian, to be transformed into a soldier. Now, it has already been 9 weeks, and today, I had completed my Basic Military Training, and have passed out as a Private, no longer a Recruit. The Passing Out Parade was exhausting, and rather pointless in its rehearsals, but on the actual day, it meant so much to us, for it symbolized the 9 weeks of shit we all had to endure, and the fact that we have endured it successfully.

Now, those 9 weeks weren't all good. In fact, there wasn't much good in there, to be honest. But still, it's over, finally. I'm just about done with Pulau Tekong, and I'm all the more happier for it. Even though I'm still just a puny Private who still has 1 year and 9 month's worth of shit to get through for the rest of my National Service Life, I have passed the first phase of my military life, and while I still have to go back to Tekong every now and then to settle some stuff, the official part is over.

Which, actually, means nothing much. Except that I could probably grow back my hair now, lol.

Well, it's been a long 9 weeks, and while I haven't updated this blog as much as I would have liked, it was still a good 9 weeks detailing my life and thoughts in Pulau Tekong. Unfortunately, everything has to end here now, and I'll see you all back in the original [A.Z.] blog. Until then, ciao, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home